
Last week I started working out again. I do this periodically to torture myself, usually working out like a mad woman for a week or so, get incredibly sore, then quit; only to repeat the process a month or so later. Seriously why can’t I simply be faithful to a workout and just skip the lactic acid burn thing?
But I digress; I bought the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I read some reviews and it appealed to me because the workouts are only 20 minutes long. (It takes me that long to drive to the gym.) I can squeeze a 20 minute workout into my day and convince myself that’s a very short time to devote getting fit. This program makes some big promises (lose 20 pounds in 30 days) about weight loss which I didn’t exactly buy, but at least it’s getting my rear off the couch.
The program has three levels featuring a warm up then 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs (three sets) then stretching. So far I’ve done level one for 5 days and it’s not an easy workout. I love Jillian, she’s not a “girly” girl and she has me laughing at some of her comments. “Abs like these don’t come for free.” and “I have 400 pound people who can do jumping jacks, so can you!” are among my favorites. Each level also has two demonstrators, one who does low impact/modified versions of the exercise and one who kicks it up. So far I’ve worked out in between the two, when I can go high the entire time I’ll switch to the next level.
In addition I’ve been journaling everything I eat and after one week I’ve lost 2 pounds! I need to lose at least as much weight as Baby Duck currently weighs, but it’s a start.
4 comments:
Can I come and work out with you?
2 pounds is awesome. I wish we could work out together. Have you ever heard of C25K? It's 20-30 minutes a day 3x's a week.
Leah,
I did to the C25K a few of years ago (pre Gone)and found myself VERY impatient and it was hard for me to get into any kind of zone constantly checking my watch. I see now where they have music to tell you when to stop and when to go. I may have to try it again. B has been bugging me to run a race with her.
Enid - Get the video ($9 on Amazon) and we can kind of work out together...come on girl! Plus I need someone to moan and groan with about how tough that woman is!
Post a Comment