One of my most favorite things to do is to have lunch with a girlfriend and just chat. As a home schooling Mom it doesn’t happen very often, but when it does, it always lifts my spirits and I come away smiling.
Today, I had the opportunity to have one of those lunches. It was my friend’s birthday and for me that was enough of an excuse to have lunch. (I know I’m supposed to work my part time job on Tuesdays, BUT it was her birthday!) Plus today the girls were at a home school program sponsored by a local church, so I could have a peaceful lunch without uttering, “Sit down and eat your food!” numerous times. Oh the bliss of grown up conversation. Ahhhhhh.
I love visiting with this particular friend because she stretches me intellectually. She’s one smart cookie and I appreciate the depth of her thoughts. Today we shared the daily adventures of raising children covering everything from sibling rivalry to unfortunate incidents. (Or SS’s as she calls them.) Then it got deep with a discussion about faith, healing, and forgiveness. So in addition to some good food for my body, I got some food for thought about selfish motives for forgiving someone.
No comments:
Post a Comment